Yes. I just stole this post title from a popular movie that is now in theaters (that I may or may not want to see very badly. 4 words: Zac. Efron. Yes. please.).
Anyway – I digress!
The point of this post is to say that I am the lucky one. I’m not sure how I ever got so lucky, or what I ever did to deserve such an amazing partner through life, but I got him.
Mr. James Tyler. 🙂
I’m not sure that I even know where to begin – because the list of reasons why he is pretty much the bee’s knees is a mile long in my mind. But most of all – the things that stood out to me recently are the following:
1. He put up with my non-stop talking/planning/preparing for my workshops for weeks. And more specifically – he accepted my complete withdrawal from normal non-workshop conversation last week.
2. Not only did he put up with my planning it – he helped me wherever he could. He cleaned. He did laundry. He found the cable we needed to connect his computer to the TV for the powerpoint presentations. He planned where Chloe would be so as not to completely disrupt the workshops, and he wrangled her during the times she was with us and driving everybody crazy, I’m sure.
3. He ran errands all weekend. He was the picker up of pizza, of Jimmy Johns, of the flowers we used for the styled shoot… of everything.
4. He made a point to learn and remember every one of the workshop attendee’s names, and did his best to make everybody feel welcome and appreciated. (It was adorable. At least to me.)
5. He hung out for the entirety of the pizza party/mixer on Saturday night and chatted with the ladies. (Perhaps just to dish some dirt on me to them – as payback of all the times I’ve posted whatever I want about him on here! haha! I guess I probably deserved it…) 🙂
6. He gave up his home, computer, & TV for the entire weekend so I could host the workshops in our living room.
7. He took photos of the group of ladies that attended the pizza party out in our back lot, even though I’m positive he didn’t want to step out there into the chilly temps!
7. He did it all with a smile on his face. (a genuine smile! James doesn’t fake those things.)
So yes. I am the lucky one. It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it? So today – in what I’m sure is a weak attempt at repaying James for all he’s done for me, and showing my complete and total gratitude – I’m going to take the day off from work so that James and I can have a date day. There will be no talk of photography. No talk of workshops. No talk of work. Just us. Hanging out, and enjoying some quality time together out in the city.
I’m pretty stoked about it. 🙂