I realize this is waaaaay late to the ballgame, but I know now that baby girl arrived, I’ll fall even more behind on these personal projects – so I wanted to get some semblance of the remainder of our 2017 on the blog before these kids are all suddenly graduating from college! 😉
Here is a look at the rest of our 2017 from August through December. 🙂 You can read my full thoughts on 2017 and photos from the first part of the year HERE. (Now I better get to my 2018 post before it’s suddenly 2030! haha)
- We left off in July, where we had our first visit to the ER after a super scary high-temp on a trip up in my hometown for 4th of July. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing too serious (though Hand-Foot-Mouth is no fun!!) and Gabe was back to himself in no time.
- We went on enjoying all the goodness of summer, like backyard picnics, and family time! 🙂
- James and I also took our first trip away from the boys ever – to Michigan to shoot Becca & Al’s wedding, with a couple days extra to just be together and it was so good for us!! You can tell we are rarely alone based on the number of selfies we took. haha.
- The summer ended with the boys’ first trip to the beach!! Not exactly the ocean, but Micah was sufficiently impressed and Gabe was alternatively horrified. hahaha.
- August brought an extended family trip to Paddock Lake in Wisconsin for a week during our “summer break” we schedule out each year!! It was awesome for the boys to get so much time with their cousins, grandparents and aunts/uncles!!
- We closed out our summer with more city exploring, the boys’ first carousel ride, and family time (as always)!! 🙂
- September brought with it my 36th birthday (which included a date day for James and I – paddle boarding followed by too many margaritas!). It also brought lots of time outside, dining al fresco, beach time, and visits from both Uncle Will & Uncle Ben! It also brought out the emergence of these two really starting to act like BFFs! So cute.
- October it finally started to feel like fall a bit after those unseasonably warm September temps! We celebrated by spending LOTS of time outside and at parks (as you’ll see), as well as the boys’ first time trick-or-treating!!
- November brought with it – among other things – some of my favorite photos I’ve ever taken of the boys (on my film camera) to ring in them being 20 months old. Of course I must share them here:
- We also attempted self-timer family photos for our holiday cards, which we haven’t done since (for obvious reasons… STRESSFUL). haha.
- We celebrated Thanksgiving in my hometown, sadly without James because he had a nasty case of strep throat!
- And a bunch of everyday goodness in between!!! 🙂
- December brought with it all the holiday goodness and the first time the boys had any clue (kind of) what Christmas might be about … though they still loved themselves a good cardboard box any day! haha. It also brought visits from friends, family and lots of trips to the aquarium!
What a beautiful year!! These dudes grew so much – it is crazy to look back at how they changed even in a few months from babies to kids!! Ahhhhh. XOXO