I was hesitating writing a summer bucket list this year because it seems like we are already pretty well into the summer… but I realized that with time flying by ALREADY – that was even more reason to get a list written so we can live this summer consciously and not just let it fly by in a flash of work and weddings!
So yesterday James and I finally sat down and wrote our Summer Bucket List (which we also did last year, and which helped us actually get out and do things in the craziness of busy season)! 🙂 We didn’t cross everything off last year – but we made a good dent (15 out of 21!) and I was happy with that!
So here is our 2014 Summer Bucket List (some are so good they had to be repeated from last year)!
- Rent paddle boards at Montrose Beach.
- Watch the sunset over a lake.
- Go to the city pool near us as often as possible for midday breaks!
- Get our bikes tuned up and take them out for rides!
- Drink margaritas on the patio at El Nuevo Mexicano.
- Enjoy a small town 4th of July celebration with family & friends
- Get frozen yogurt.
- See a matinee.
- Take Chloe to the dog beach (as much as possible).
- Have drinks somewhere on a Wednesday night where we can see the fireworks at Navy Pier.
- Spend a day at Foster Beach.
- Visit my brothers out in Oregon & Washington!
- While there… Go to Pike Place Market. Go hiking somewhere gorgeous. See the coast! Eat tasty seafood! Try local beers!
- Go to a Cubs game at Wrigley.
- Go to a Brewers game at Miller Park (& eat a pretzel with cheese)!
- Spend a day with my mom & sister.
- See a concert.
- Go to a movie in the park.
- Have a picnic on the lawn & listen to the orchestra at Millennium Park’s Pritzker Pavilion.
- Hang out at the Memorial Union Terrace in Madison (get Babcock ice cream and/or a pitcher of beer)!
- Host my sister’s family in Chicago for some summer fun/stay-cation!
- Have a date day in the city – being tourists in Chicago!
- Try 5 new recipes.
Here’s to another amazing summer of living & loving consciously – soaking in each moment!! What’s on your Summer Bucket List? Did I forget something we must do?!